To commemorate the 10th anniversary of the International Chemical Biology Society (ICBS), the 2021 annual meeting centers on the theme of looking towards the next decade of chemical biology and will both reflect on the accomplishments of the last decade as well as look towards new technologies and discoveries that will shape the field in the decades ahead.
As innovative chemistry, novel technologies, and conceptual advances in chemical biology are transforming the landscape of the life sciences and health industry, it is timely for chemical biologists from both academic and industry perspectives to highlight new discoveries and breakthroughs, discuss opportunities and challenges, and identify emerging concepts and synergy.
To maximize active interactions, ICBS2021 will feature thought leaders for keynote and plenary lectures, early career Rising Stars whose science will impact the future, focused sessions on specialized topics, a student- and postdoc-oriented Young Chemical Biologist Forum, and podium flash presentations.
Sponsors and exhibitors will be an integral parts of the conference in support of the global chemical biology community. Poster and podium presentation awards will be provided to support and recognize outstanding international trainees. Your input is welcome. We are looking forward to hosting this exciting event, a decade in the making!
-Your ICBS2021 conference co-chairs
We are thrilled to announce that the 10th annual conference of the International Chemical Biology Society (ICBS) will take place virtually November 11th-13th, 2021 The conference will focus on the theme “looking towards the next decade of chemical biology” and will both reflect on the accomplishments of the last decade as well as the technologies and innovations that will shape the field in the decades to come.
Highlights for this year’s meeting include:
- Opening keynote lecture by Peter Schultz, CEO of Scripps Research
- “Playing with the molecules of life”
- Keynote lectures by Carol Robinson (Oxford University, UK), Dan Yang (Westlake University, China), Dan Nomura (UC Berkeley, USA), Deb Hung (Harvard University, USA)
- ICBS Global Lectureship award & presentation
- ICBS Young Chemical Biologist awards & presentation
- Featured scientific topics:
- Chemical synthetic biology
- Protein degraders & molecular glues
- Cell death modulators
- Chemical glycobiology
- Emerging technologies
- “Evolving landscape of global chemical biology” in academia, industry, government, and other organizations
- “Future Forum” roundtable discussion with international thought leaders on the next decade of chemical biology
- Pre-conference trainee symposium organized by ICBS trainee chapters from around the world on Wednesday, November 10th.
- Networking opportunities to interact with ICBS leaders and learn about ways to serve and contribute to the global chemical biology community
Details & Important Dates
Check out the current agenda HERE, which is being updated regularly.
The International Chemical Biology Society (ICBS) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting research and educational opportunities at the interface of chemistry and biology.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and continued travel restrictions, we have decided to present the 2021 annual meeting virtually. To ensure a quality event and capture as many aspects of an in-person meeting as possible, we are utilizing the Kovention virtual conference platform. Kovention has significant experience hosting large conferences and provides a number of unique opportunities for engagement, including:
- Live networking opportunities
- Poster presentations
- Roundtable discussions
- Exhibition hall with sponsor and exhibitor virtual booths
- And more!
We look forward to your participation in this exciting event. If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas, please email the organizing committee at 2021ICBS@gmail.com.
Wednesday, September 22nd: deadline for oral (podium) presentation abstracts
Friday, October 15th: deadline for poster presentation abstracts
Monday, November 10th: registration closes
Pre-conference Trainee Symposium
Wednesday, November 10th, 2021 | 10 AM – 3 PM EST
The ICBS2021 trainee symposium is organized by the ICBS trainee chapters, which aim to unite young researchers from the ICBS network, facilitate communication of new research, and provide educational opportunities to students and postdocs in the field of chemical biology.
- Student + postdoc presentations (10 min each)
- Call for abstracts: https://www.chemical-biology.org/page/Trainee_chapters
- Deadline: Sunday, October 10th, 2021
- Career talk + panel discussion (details to come)
- Keynote address by Dr. Jason Gestwicki, UCSF